Budgets range from £40k to £100k…
Deadline for applications is 12 noon on 12th August 2013…
Applications are invited from UK and International artists, designers and makers (including individuals, partnerships, collectives and companies) to undertake one or more of an initial series of four commissions as part of the Swansea Boulevard & Waterfront Connections Project – an £8.9m scheme that will make the most of Swansea’s stunning location by improving links between the City Centre and its Waterfront.
The commission opportunities available are:
1. Wind Street Crossing Commission: A part-time residency based at Mission Gallery leading to a permanent external commission in the Wind Street Crossing area (£75,000);
2. LC Corner Commission: A permanent commission to enhance the north elevation of the LC Building opposite Princess Way (£65,000);
3. Museum Park Twin-Leaf Access Gates Commission: A commission to design and produce twin-leaf access gates to the Museum Park events space (£40,000);
4. Waterfront Connections Commission: A commission to work with the Project Team to create [a] permanent art intervention[s] to enhance Paxton Street Tunnel and Meridian Quay and the route between the two destinations (£100,000).
The commission briefs and application documents are available for download from the eTenderWales website – an online portal used by the City & County of Swansea Council to process applications.
All applications and queries must be submitted through this e-tendering portal.
Please note that you will need to register on the eTenderWales website before you can access the commission briefs and application documents.
To register on eTenderWales, please visit: https:etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk/web/login.shtml
Once you are registered, you will be able to find information about the commissions and how to apply by searching for the following ITT (Invitation To Tender) Codes:
• LC Corner Commission Opportunity – ITT Code 39712
• Waterfront Connections Commission Opportunity – ITT Code 39720
• Museum Park Twin-Leaf Access Gates Commission Opportunity – ITT code 39718
• Wind Street Crossing Residency & Commission Opportunity – ITT code 39716
Click here to download further help and instructions about how to register and apply for commissions on eTenderWales.
For further information about the Swansea Boulevard and Waterfront Connections Projects and Public Art Framework, please visit: http://www.swanseacitycentre.com/boulevard
The Swansea Boulevard & Waterfront Connections Public Art Commissions are being curated and managed by Addo on behalf of and in collaboration with the City & County of Swansea Council and are funded by the City & County of Swansea Council, the Arts Council of Wales, the Welsh Government and the European Regional Development Fund: